Do you love the look of a decanted pantry but hate the idea of constantly hand washing containers? Here’s a shopping list of the best containers you can buy that are dishwasher safe, but also air tight so that your pantry staples stay fresh between refills.
If you know me, you know I love my dishwasher with all my heart. As a family that loves to cook (and eat!) we run our dishwasher AT LEAST 2x a day. Sometimes 3. The only thing I don’t put through the wash is our cast iron.
Everything else is fair game.
That’s why when it came time to choose new pantry containers, I turned to the internet to find the best dishwasher safe containers. There are so many great pantry canisters out there, but many of them are NOT dishwasher safe. And in my house, if something isn’t dishwasher safe, then it just isn’t something that stays very long.
After researching my heart out, I came up with a list of the best dishwasher safe pantry containers. These cover a range of prices to fit any budget and I promise it will make you SO happy to know that when it comes time to clean one out, all you have to do is plunk it in the dishwasher. No hand washing necessary!
Here are the best dishwasher safe pantry containers and canisters:
- Tupperware Brand Modular Mates – These are the OG pantry containers. I remember the day my mom reorganized my childhood pantry back in the late 90’s using these bins. It was a work of art then and now, almost 30 years later. They are still in her pantry to this day. Are they pricey? Absolutely. But clearly they are built to last.
- Rubbermaid Brilliance Food Storage Containers for Pantry – I love Rubbermaid Brilliance containers. They are super clear, have easy to latch lids and are air and water tight. This pantry set comes with 16, 12, and 7.5 cup capacity containers, perfect for pantry staples like rice, pasta, crackers, flour and sugar.
- Vtopmart Large Food Storage Containers – These are a great size for storing flour, sugar, oats, protein powder, dog food and other staples that come in larger quantities. They even come with a scoops and labels as an added bonus!
- IKEA 365+ Glass Storage Container – While not as large as many of the plastic options, these all glass containers are great for a plastic free pantry. You can even choose bamboo lids that are interchangeable between sizes.
- OXO Good Grips Pop Container Set – The classic stackable pop top pantry container is now dishwasher safe. These are lightweight enough for kids to cary and easily open with a push. The only thing I wish is that these were just a little less expensive.
- Better Homes & Gardens Flip Tite Canister Set – These are very similar in size and shape to the OXO Good Grips but at a fraction of the price. The opening mechanism is different than the push top but just as easy to open. The 3 different sizes included gives you a great variety for holding both small and large quantity items in your pantry.
- Better Homes & Gardens Flip Tite 11.5 Cup Set – These are the perfect size for a smaller box of cereal, granola, crackers, pretzels, marshmallows and more. Even though there isn’t a spout, I find these really easy to pour into a bowl because of the narrow rectangular shape.
All of these work marvelously in a small pantry because they are rectangular and they stack. Two must have qualities I look for in any bin, box or canister. I hate to play favorites, but if I had to choose I would say the Rubbermaid Brilliance containers and the Better Homes & Gardens canisters are my favorite. I feel like they both provide a good range of sizes and perfectly balance quality with price.
Let me know in the comments if you have tried any of these containers or if I have missed your favorite brand!
Looking for more pantry organization? Here are some other posts you might like: